The Robison Diablog

About the lives of the Robison Clan. Started as a means of connecting the family members, virtually. The creator of the blog was separated from her family for 30 years and uses the blog to bridge the gap and bring this family together.

Saturday, December 10, 2005

It's Saturday

It is Saturday and I am at home with the kids, as usual. Keira was supposed to got try out for mid-state's today but at midnight last night, it occurred to me that she did not have her violin. I called in sick on Wednesday and she threw up on Friday morning and called me at work to tell me she stayed home.

All fine and well except that Thursday night she had a concert at the school and left her violin in the music room afterwards.

At 6:00 this morning, we were up trying to reach a friend of hers who was going to the competition because Keira thought she had an extra violin. We called everyone that google had indexed by the same last name with no luck. I emailed the group running the program, I emailed her music teacher - still no luck.

And so, we resolved to call it quits and try again next year.

I had very little sleep over the night anyway. I have been sick myself and last night I was kept awake by a cough. I try to steer clear of the cold medicine because it lingers with me twice longer than the directions on the box state but I had to do something to get some sleep so I took a Thereflu thin strip. Finally, my cough calmed down enough for me to get some rest but 6:00 AM came much earlier than I would have wished.

Perhaps it was best that things turned out the way they did. I was able to get some extra sleep and have managed to stay put most of the day, although I do feel like a hermit or a homeless person. I think I need some warm air and a nice long walk in the park.

Maybe I won't get the warm air but I wonder if I can force myself out of the house to take a nice long walk. Walking always makes me feel better.

I spoke to my dad tonight. I really should call more often but have developed an aversion to using the telephone. We spoke about Christmas and the car. My step mother is sending me a list of birthdays so I can start the family calendar. I want to put anniversaries on there as well.

Mine is coming up. I will have been married for three years to my beloved. Hard to believe.

I did get my wireless network up and running this week. I'm quite proud of myself. Anyone could do it, I suppose but I DID do it... I'm pecking away at my laptop right now. Hooray for me.

I am also in the process of getting all the software that I feel that I need downloaded. I need to get Open Office downloaded and the GIMP. I just downloaded NVU for web development.

Anyhow, that's what is going on in my life right now. Blogging, working, kids and husband in no particular order.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home